The National Latino Peace Officers’ Association San Diego Metro Chapter – Scholarship Opportunities
The National Latino Peace Officers’ Association Metro Chapter is committed to promoting the education and professional development among its membership and the greater San Diego community. In keeping with this commitment, the NLPOA Metro Chapter provides scholarship opportunities on a yearly basis to those pursuing higher education.
The NLPOA Metro Scholarship was recently named to honor two veteran San Diego Police Officers. The Gordie Clausen Scholarship, in honor of one of our founding members who has dedicated his career to the promotion of equality and professionalism in law enforcement, is awarded in the fall. The Eddie Medina Scholarship, in honor of the deceased SDPD officer who was a champion for equality of Latinos in law enforcement, is awarded in early summer.
- Demonstrated commitment to community service.
- Currently enrolled in or accepted to a trade school, community-college, four –year university, or graduate program (including social work, law and medicine).
- Minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 (High School) or 3.0 (College).
Applicants must submit the following documents with the Scholarship Application:
- Letter of recommendation from teacher, employer, or community member.
- Proof of enrollment or acceptance letter from school of attendance.
- School transcript(s).
- Personal history statement personal history statement describing candidate’s personal experiences, qualifications, and/or accomplishments.